The Pleasure Saddle Horse Registry (PSHR™) will sanction any show that offers open gaited and open model classes at no cost to the club or association presenting the show.
These awards encourage the use of the Pleasure Saddle Horse as a show horse by recognizing the number of points accumulated at shows in certain divisions. Both High Point and Reserve High Point Awards in each category will be awarded.
Performance Classes: At open shows, you may enter your horse in any open Favorite Gait or Country Pleasure type gaited classes. We realize that many shows will not offer specific classes for your category. Your points will still accumulate for the category that you have applied for with the PSHR. For example, if you enter your horse in the PSHR's High Point Awards for the category "Open 2 & 3 year olds 2 gait, riders 18 & over", and your local show offers one Favorite Gait class for all ages of horses and riders, then your placing in that class will count toward PSHR's "Open 2 & 3 year olds 2 gait, riders 18 & over".
Model Classes: You may enter your horse in any open model or halter class in any show and your points will still accumulate for the category that you have applied for with the PSHR. For example, if you enter your horse in the PSHR's High Point Awards for the category
"Open Mares 4 years and over model/halter", and your local show offers only model classes for mares, geldings and stallions all in one class, then your placing in that class will count toward PSHR's "Open Mares 4 years and over model/halter".
In order to qualify for a Pleasure Saddle Horse Registry (PSHR) High Point or Reserve High Point Award:
1. All horses entered must be registered with the PSHR.
2. Submit your nomination form and fee of $25 for each horse entered to the PSHR High Point Awards program before you attend your first show of the year. You can enter as many categories as you like, but each additional category will cost an additional $15.
3. Agree to abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the shows you are attending and the PSHR High Point Awards Committee.
4. Submit all changes of horse ownership, transfers of ownership by US Mail to the High Point Awards Committee. Changes will be determined by date of postmark. The postmark of payment will determine the date points begin to accumulate.
5. Points will be counted from March 1st to November 15th each year and High Point Awards will be awarded by December 15th.
6. Return signed Show Sanctioning forms for each show entered within 2 weeks of the show. Sanctioning Forms must be signed and dated by the show's management before points will count.
7. Applicant's age 18 years and under must have permission from parent or guardian to compete.
NOMINATION FORMS AND FEES:
1. One Form for each nominated horse.
2. Nomination forms with fees must be mailed to the PSHR before the first show.
3. Nomination fees for horses are: $25. for the first category. If you elect to nominate your horse for more than one category, each additional category is $15.00. All nominations must pay a minimum one time $25.00 nomination fee. The postmark of payment will determine the date points begin to accumulate.
POINTS: (regardless of the number of horses in the class)
1st place = 10 points ~ 2nd place = 9 points ~ 3rd place = 8 point ~ 4th place = 7 points ~ 5th place = 6 points
6th place = 5 points ~ 7th place = 4 points ~ 8th place = 3 points ~ 9th place = 2 points ~ 10th place = 1 point
Points are awarded to the horse. The horse must be registered with the Pleasure Saddle Horse Registry and the owner must complete a High Point Award Nomination form and pay a 1 time annual fee of $25. per horse and $15. for each additional category entered. If the horse changes ownership during the show season, points will continue to be accumulated for the show season provided the new owner meets the eligibility requirements. It is the responsibility of the new owner to notify the High Point Awards Committee in writing of any change of ownership.
Performance Division Adult Rider Categories:
Open 2 & 3 year olds 2 gait, riders 18 & over
Open 4 years and over 2 gait, riders 18 & over
Open 4 years and over 3 gait, riders 18 & over
Performance Division Junior Rider Categories:
Open 2 & 3 year olds 2 gait, riders 17 & under
Open 4 years and over 2 gait, riders 17 & under
Open 4 years and over 3 gait, riders 17 & under
Model or Halter Division Categories:
Open Weanling model/halter
Open Yearling model/halter
Open 2 & 3 years old model/halter
Open Mares 4 years and over model/halter
Open Stallions & Geldings 4 years and over model/halter
Riders & horses age categories are determined by what age they are beginning January 1st of the year they are competing. In other words, if you are competing for high point awards in the year 2008, the PSHR will consider you to be the age that you are on January 1, 2008 as your age category.
APPLICATIONS: To register for this program, send the PSHR High Point Award Entry Form application in with the proper fees made out to the Pleasure Saddle Horse Registry. Mail it to: Pleasure Saddle Horse Registry - P.O. Box 1445 - Paragould, Arkansas 72451-1445. Entires are also accepted via our Online High Point Award Form.
High Point Award Entry Form applications must be postmarked before the first show you will be participating in. For points to count and accumulate, show results must be received no later than 2 weeks from the show date. In other words, if you participate in a show on March 10th, then you must mail in the show results by March 24th. NO EXCEPTIONS! Print the Show Sanctioning Form and take it with you to the show. Fill in the information and be sure to get the show manager to sign and date it for you. Then mail it to the PSHR within 2 weeks of the show. Note: Most show managers are happy to cooperate as this brings more horses to their shows, but you may want to talk to them about it before the show.
The PSHR may, at their discretion, cancel a High Point Award, should the competition throughout the year be less than two (2) nominations in any Division.